Americans spend an estimated $5 billion dollars a year on termite damage repair and control and in North Carolina subterranean termites are the main perpetrators of this sometimes costly damage.
What Termites Look Like
- White, dark brown, or black in color
- Workers & soldiers are between ⅛ and ⅜ of an inch in length; supplementary and primary reproductive are around 1 inch in length.
- Thick waist with a straight antenna
- Sometimes winged
Damage Termites Can Cause
Subterranean termite colonies can eat up to five grams of wood each day, which is equal to around 2.5 feet of wood each year. Over a period of years, this can lead to serious structural damage and even collapse, and due to termites unfortunate ability to destroy wood quietly, infestations can go on for years without being noticed.
How to Tell if You Have Termites
- Winged termites (known as swarmers) or discarded termite wings in your home.
- The presence of termite mud tubes near your home's foundation.
- Wood that is hollow when tapped or visibly blistered wood.
- Uneven or bubbling paint.
- Piles of wood-colored droppings -- this is termite poop (frass).
How You Could Be Attracting Termites
- Moisture and humidity caused by poor drainage, leaky pipes, or lack of airflow.
- Wood- such as bushes, firewood, or mulch- too close to home foundations.
- Cracks in house foundations, windows, or doors that act as an easy entry-point for termites.
What to Do if You Have Termites
Termites are not the sort of problem that you can take care of on your own. Proper treatment requires the handling and placement of baits and insecticides that are best left to a professional.
City Wide Exterminating Termite Treatment
With City Wide Exterminating, you have access to the two highest quality products on the market:
- Termidor (liquid) and,
- Sentricon (bait).
Less than 10% of pest control companies are certified to offer both liquid and bait products. City Wide is one of them. Our specialists will assess which treatment best suits your environment.
We guarantee to protect your home from termites, and are so confident in our services that should termites come back, we'll return to re-treat and repair any damage caused with our optional $1,000,000 damage guarantee.