Residential Mold Removal

Is it Possible to do a Residential Mold Removal in my Property?

The common mold is a type of microscopic fungi that takes up at least 25% of the Earth’s entire biomass. You can practically find these organisms almost everywhere, and can grow on nearly all substances, as long as the surface is moist, damp, and rich with oxygen. So technically, mold can grow on carpets, paper, food (cheese and bread), insulation, and especially wood. Moisture can greatly encourage the growth and spread of mold spores. Those who have mold-related allergies, or who suffer from asthma can have a greatly negative reaction to mold spores, which is the reproductive body for mold. Mold spores are released into the air when something or someone disturbs or touches the mold growth. Sometimes, several types of mold can give out a harmful substance known as mycotoxins, which creates illness in sensitive populations, in particular, those who have had substantial exposures to the spores like farmers or workers.

It’s very difficult to remove all traces of mold spores and mold inside an indoor environment. But you can still control the spreading and growth of mold through controlling the moisture in your house. A lot of mold types do exist in nature, and the one thing that they all have in common is that they can create hazardous effects on your health. For instance, plenty of mold species do create allergens that can trigger asthma attacks and allergic reactions.

Tips for Residential Mold Removal

It’s impossible to do a residential mold removal without the help of a professional – Mold spores will still be floating around your house. These spores won’t grow without any moisture present. You can stop indoor mold growth by handling the moisture inside your house. If there’s mold growth in your home, you have to fix the leaks in your water supply, and clean up the mold growth in your house. If you do clean up the mold but don’t fix that water problem, then the mold will most likely come back.

If mold grows inside your home during certain seasons, then the area is most likely too drafty or air-tight. Mold problems commonly happen inside airtight homes, during the warm summer months when the air is humid and there’s a good amount of moisture in your home.